||Dernière mise à jour : 12/02/2019|
- Axes :
- Développement, Neurocognition, Dysfonctionnements
- I am a postdoctoral researcher interested in similarities between music and language in relation to syntax, rhythm, memory, and attention. I received my PhD from Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, with a thesis entitled: The Nature of Syntactic Processing in Music and Language.
My current project is a collaboration between DDL and CAP (Cognition, Auditive, et Psychoacoustique) teams. In this project, I am investigating the effects of regular, rhythmic primes on subsequent language processing. As part of the project, I am also interested in the role of neural oscillations in the processing of music and speech, and how rhythmic priming and rhythmic training can be beneficial for children with developmental language disorders.
FORMATION ET PARCOURS PROFESSIONNEL
- 2014 - 2017: PhD in Psychology, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- Aug-Nov, 2016: International Visiting Graduate Student, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Canada.
- 2012 - 2014: Master of Music, Mind, and Technology, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- 2008 - 2011: Bachelor of Psychology (1st class honours), Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
- 2009 - 2010: Exchange at the University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom.
PRINCIPALES PUBLICATIONS ET CONFÉRENCES
Fiveash, A., Schön, D., Cannette, L.H., Morillon, B., Bedoin, N. & Tillmann, B., 2019, "Rhythmic priming: A stimulus-brain coupling analysis in adults with dyslexia and matched controls", Rhythm Production and Perception Conference, Traverse City, United States of America, juin 2019 (poster)
Fiveash, A., Bedoin, N. & Tillmann, B., 2018, "Rhythmic processing of music and language: A review and implications", International Conference of Music Perception and Cognition/European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music, Graz, Austria, juillet 2018 (poster)
Fiveash, A., Schön, D., Cannette, L.H., Morillon, B., Bedoin, N. & Tillmann, B., 2018, "Rhythmic priming of sentences in dyslexic and control participants: A stimulus-brain coupling analysis", CuttingEEG Workshop, Paris, juillet 2018 (poster)
- Base de données en ligne
Ma, W., Fiveash, A. & Thompson, W., in press, "Spontaneous emergence of language-like and music-like vocalizations from an artificial protolanguage. ", In Press, Semiotica
Fiveash, A., McArthur, G. & Thompson, W., 2018, "Syntactic and non-syntactic sources of interference by music on language processing. ", 2018, Scientific Reports
Fiveash, A., Thompson, W., Badcock, N. & McArthur, G., 2018, "Syntactic processing in music and language: Effects of interrupting auditory streams with alternating timbres.", 2018, International Journal of Psychophysiology
Fiveash, A. & Luck, G., 2016, "Effects of musical valence on the cognitive processing of lyrics.", 2016, Psychology of Music
Fiveash, A. & Pammer, K., 2014, "Music and language: Do they draw on similar syntactic working memory resources?", 2014, Psychology of Music
Faber, S. & Fiveash, A., 2014, "Emotion without words: A comparison study of music and speech prosody. ", 2014, Canadian Journal of Music Therapy